Elegant Baked Alaska
|Coffee ice cream||2 Pint, softened|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint, softened|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Line 8-cup mold or mixing bowl with aluminum foil but extend the foil over the margin so that there is a 1-inch overhang.
3. Cover the mould on the sites and the bottom with strawberry ice cream and fill with strawberry ice cream. Smooth down the sides with a table knife and then freeze till firm.
4. Cream shortening with brown sugar until fluffy; beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating until well blended
5. Sift in dry ingredients alternately with milk; stir in vanilla and nuts.
6. Place in greased and floured 9-inch pan and bake for .30 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Remove to a wire rack and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Invert on to serving plate and trim the cake. Set aside to chill
8. Set aside to freeze.