Brown Sugar Muffins
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), firmly packed|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Batter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease bottoms of 12 (2 1/2-inch) muffin-pan cups.
2. Make Topping: In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; mix until crumbly.
3. Make Batter: Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
4. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in brown sugar, then egg until very light and fluffy. At low speed, blend in milk, then flour mixture, just until combined. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake 20 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Gently remove from pan. Serve warm.