|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C)
2) Take cookie sheets and grease lightly.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating adding one egg at a time.
6) Beat in vanilla extract and milk till well blended.
7) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
8) Blend to the creamed mixture and beat till smooth.
9)For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
10) Beat sugar till fluffy.
11) While the processor is running add egg, milk and vanilla extract and process well.
12) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
13) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
14) Divide the dough into 2 balls and cover tightly in a container.
15) Keep in refrigerator for a night.
16) Warm dough slightly and roll to about 1/8" thick.
17) With a cookie cutters, a knife, or a glass cut into desired shapes.
18) Place it on prepared cookie sheets.
19) Sprinkle sugar generously on top.
20) Put in preheated oven to bake for 8-10 minutes.
21) Place in wire racks and cool.
22) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.