Betty Cass' Brown Sugar Cookies
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F
3. Into a large basin, sift together, the flour and baking powder using a fine mesh sieve. Keep aside.
4. In a mixing bowl of an electric beater combine butter and shortening and sugar. Beat until soft and light.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until well blended.
6. Stir in the dry ingredients to make a thick smooth batter.
7. Stir in the nuts and vanilla
8. Using a dessert spoon, drop the batter onto the greased cookie sheet, leaving 1-2 inch space between each
9. Pess half a pecan into each cookie
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
11. Remove tray from the oven and let stand for a while then slide onto a wire rack too cool
12. Serve cookies with tea or coffee or enjoy them with warm milk.