|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet over high heat and wait until it gets very hot.
2) Add sugar to the hot skillet and continue stirring until the sugar gets dark brown.
3) Slowly and carefully pour in boiling water to the skillet.
4) With a log-hadled spoon, continue stirring the liquid so that the sugar gets dissolved.
5) Use the liquid by couple of teaspoons to darken the color of gravies, sauces, and soups.
Store this in a bottle for indefinite time to use in future.