This is an easy but impressive decoration which you can use on almost any dessert - except hot ones as it will melt!
1. In a heavy bottomed pan combine the sugar and water.
2. Bring it to a boil and heat until the sugar begins to caramelize.
3. As soon as the sugar starts bubbling and becomes golden in color, remove the pan from heat and let it cool down a bit.
4. Then with a spoon take some of the caramel and start drizzling it quickly in a zig zag motion on a piece of parchment paper as shown in the video.
5. Carefully remove the parchment paper when the caramel cools down completely and solidifies.
6. Use the spun sugar to decorate any kind of cold desserts.
Never stir the caramel in the pan.
The spun sugar can be stored up to 3 days in a cool, dry place.
Make your desserts more impressive with an elegant spun sugar decoration. Take a look at this fantastic video that shares this excellent technique in a simple step-wise manner. The video is really inspiring and you would surely be motivated to try it out for any special occassion or party. Check it out....