Christmas Sugar Cookies
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Colored sugars||2 Teaspoon|
1. Sift flour and salt onto waxed paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and egg in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed till fluffy; add vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture to make a stiff dough; wrap in waxed paper; chill 3 hours, or until firm.
4. Roll dough, one quarter at a time, to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured pastry board or cloth. Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter.
5. Place, 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugars.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 8 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned at edges.
7. Remove to wire racks with spatula; cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3454 Calories from Fat 1273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g222.9%
Saturated Fat 88.7 g443.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 574.3 mg191.4%
Sodium 1064.7 mg44.4%
Total Carbohydrates 500 g166.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 262.4 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 89.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.8% Iron 86.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet