Crispy Sugar Cookies With Shortening
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Cream together the shortening and sugar and mix in the egg. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk and lemon extract and blend. Chill the dough overnight.
3. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
4. Roll the dough to five-eighths inch thickness on a floured pastry cloth. With floured springerle boards or rolling pin, press out the desired shapes and cut apart with a floured knife.
5. Transfer to greased cookie sheets and bake seven to ten minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2710 Calories from Fat 992
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.6%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g143.8%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg72.4%
Sodium 1473 mg61.4%
Total Carbohydrates 397 g132.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 204.8 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C
Calcium 50% Iron 73.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet