Broccoli Corn Succotash
|Fresh broccoli||1 Pound, sliced|
|Canned cream style corn||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||3|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Cooking Broccoli)|
1. In a microwave bowl, take fresh broccoli and add water as required to cook.
2. Microwave until broccoli cooks. Drain the water and keep it aside.
3. In a toaster, toast bread slices. Cut 2 bread slices into cubes and crush 1 slice.
4. In a glass casserole, take broccoli, cream-style corn, eggs, cubed bread slices, salt and pepper. Toss it well.
5. Top crushed bread pieces over the mixture.
6. Pour melted butter over it.
7. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until done. Remember to rotate it 1/4th turn after 3-4 minutes of cooking.
8. Keep it aside covered for 5 minutes before serving.
9. To serve Broccoli Corn Succotash, pour a dash of lemon juice or vinegar