Broccoli Corn Succotash
|Fresh broccoli||1 Pound, sliced|
|Canned cream style corn||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||3|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Cooking Broccoli)|
1. In a microwave bowl, take fresh broccoli and add water as required to cook.
2. Microwave until broccoli cooks. Drain the water and keep it aside.
3. In a toaster, toast bread slices. Cut 2 bread slices into cubes and crush 1 slice.
4. In a glass casserole, take broccoli, cream-style corn, eggs, cubed bread slices, salt and pepper. Toss it well.
5. Top crushed bread pieces over the mixture.
6. Pour melted butter over it.
7. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until done. Remember to rotate it 1/4th turn after 3-4 minutes of cooking.
8. Keep it aside covered for 5 minutes before serving.
9. To serve Broccoli Corn Succotash, pour a dash of lemon juice or vinegar
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.5 mg54.2%
Sodium 1006.3 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 236.5%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet