1. Heat a large sauté pan, over medium flame.
2. Add olive oil and butter.
3. Once the butter melts, add onions and a pinch of salt and let it sauté till it starts to brown.
4. Add garlic, jalapenos and red bell pepper. Cook it for three minutes. Do not brown garlic.
5. Add diced tomatoes, cayenne and cumin powder and black pepper.
6. Add green beans, zucchini and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
7. Add a quarter cup of water and cook on medium flame until zucchini is almost tender. Keep stirring.
8. Once zucchini is just starting to get tender, dump in lima beans and corn. Mix well. Cook as per your liking, whether you want it soft or firm. Add salt, if needed.
Succotash is very tasty and very nutritious, as you need to include so many vegetables. You can serve it alone or with bread rolls. Once the ingredients are ready, it takes only few minutes to cook and serve.