Keith Floyd was a celebrity chef, businessman and television personality of British origin who presented several cookery shows on the BBC and authored many books including travel and cookery. He was popular on television, for his eccentric manner of presentation winning the affections of over million viewers worldwide. He passed away in September 2009 at the age of 65 in Bristol, UK.
Professional Life of Keith Floyd
Born at a Folly Farm near Reading, Berkshire to working-class parents Keith Floyd grew up in the village of Wiveliscombe getting educated privately at Wellington School, Somerset. By1971 Keith Floyd purchased three eateries in Bristol including Floyd's Bistro in Princess Victoria Street in Clifton, Floyd's Chop House in Chandos Road, Redland and Floyd's Restaurant in Alma Vale Road, Bristol. Although all the three of them ran into financial problems. Floyd sold off the restaurants as well as the rights to the title "Floyd's Restaurant" and shifted to Southern France, where again he opened a restaurant in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue in the Vaucluse. This too landed into financial problems urging him to move back to England. With the help of debts borrowed from his friends, he started another restaurant in Chandos Road but and unable to use his name as it had been sold out, the concern displayed a sign with just the word "Restaurant".
Noteworthy Works of Keith Floyd
- Achievements-Keith Floyd found himself honored when a bistro bar within The Tong Sai Bay Hotel among the most exotic hotels on the island got named after him on the island of Koh Samui, Thailand (Floyd's Beach Bistro Restaurant). Floyd happened to visit the place when shooting for the show Far Flung Floyd in Thailand and nurturing an affable relationship with the family that ran the resort.
- Food Inventions-Keith Floyd has contrived many recipes. Popular Keith Floyd recipes include :Greek-Moor Chicken With Lemon, Beef In Tomato Sauce And Green Olives, Greek Mountain Spring Lamb, Coconut Curried Fish, Tamarind Chicken and Risotto Bianco.
- Popular Media Shows-Keith Floyd hosted several cookery shows for BBC featuring Keith Floyd recipes. Floyd has also made appearances be seen in a lot of episodes of the children's television program Balamory and in the role of a chef in Suzie Sweet's "Suzie's Cooking" song. In the year 2006, he was also seen on the award-winning ITV series Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. A few of his popular cookery shows featuring Keith Floyd recipes on TV include :
- Floyd on Fish (2 October 1984)
- Floyd on a Pub Run (7 programs, 23 July 1985 – 27 August 1985)
- Floyd on France (7 programs, 1 September 1987 – 20 October 1987)
- Floyd on Food (6 programs, 16 May 1986 – 27 June 1986)