Woman's Weekly cookery editor, Sue McMahon, shows you how to make these dense and crunchy chocolate pecan brownies in her quick and easy video recipe.
Plain chocolate bar
200 Gram, roughly chopped
1 Tablespoon (for dusting)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degree C/Gas Mark 5. Prepare a 11x7 inch rectangular tin, lined with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and leave it to cool, but not re-set.
3. Transfer the melted chocolate to a large bowl and beat together with butter using an electronic hand whisk.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and sugar until the mixture is slightly foamy.
5. Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture then add in the flour, vanilla extract and pecan nuts. Mix well with a spatula.
6. Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin and level the surface. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, until just set to the touch in the centre.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
8. Cut the cake into 15 squares and dust with icing sugar.
9. Serve this Chocolate Pecan Brownies as it is.
What sweet treat is filled with chocolate, is the perfect dessert as well as tea and coffee companion and has been a favorite of people for ages? A brownie of course! Did you think that there was no way a regular chocolate brownie could get any better? Then let Sue McMohan show you how adding pecans can work like magic. Watch the video and try these the next time you have guests over. They wouldn't want to leave!