1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190 degrees C/375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, sift together self – raising flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Add in the caster sugar and eggs and mix well.
4. Pour in the milk and incorporate all the ingredients well.
5. Stir in the butter and mix all the ingredients.
6. Pour in the batter into 2 baking pan and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Take out the cake and place one cake over a silver cardboard.
8. Frost with chocolate frosting and sprinkle some grated chocolate.
9. Place another cake and mend with the remaining frosting. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle remaining grated chocolate and decorate with white chocolate buttons.
10. Slice the cake and serve along with cookies.
If you are a Bristol Rugby fan, you must watch this recipe video. Watch Barry make a cake for Bristol Rugby. Get into the rugby spirit and make yourself a simple chocolate cake that you can enjoy while you watch the sport.