Barry shows you how to make a simple, yet rich and filling mousse style chocolate marquise
After eights chocolate
200 Gram, slice the sides of bar
150 Gram, divided
300 Gram, broken (good quality)
Mint essence/Orange essence
1. In a bowl, cream together half of sugar and butter.
2. Add in the cocoa powder and whisk with a spatula. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, add in the remaining sugar and egg yolk. Blend well until both are combined for 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, pour in the double cream and whisk until forms a peak.
5. In a bowl, place the chocolate and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring at every 30 seconds.
6. Pour the mixture into the cocoa powder mixture. Thoroughly combine the mixture.
7. Pour in the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture in 2 batches and fold gently.
8. Add in the mint essence and fold again all the ingredients.
9. Add in the cream mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon.
10. Line a loaf pan with saran wrap and pour in the small amount of chocolate mixture and spread well. Top with a layer of after eights chocolate, followed by chocolate mixture. Repeat the process until pan is filled, end with chocolate mixture.
11. Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
12. Slice the mint marquise and serve for dessert.
This is a naughty little chocolate recipe! Barry from The Virgin Kitchen shows you how to make a simple, yet rich and filling mousse style chocolate marquise. The sight of those indulgent chocolate slabs is already making me salivate. The end product looks incredible and I can't wait to try this recipe this weekend.