New England Boiled Dinner
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and halved|
|Carrots||2 , scarped and cut into rounds|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced in rounds|
|Corned beef||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Sauerkraut||3 Cup (48 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and stuck with 4 whole cloves|
|Fresh parsley/1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For Covering)|
1) In the bottom of a slow cooker, put the sausage. Layer vegetables on top, except for the sauerkraut.
2) Next, add the corned beef and cover with sauerkraut.
3) Combine together the water and spices and pour the mixture into the crockery cooker. The water should reach a level right below the kraut.
4) With caraway seeds, sprinkle the kraut, if preferred.
5) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
6) When it is time to serve, gently lift the ingredients from the cooker and arrange them on a serving plate.
7) Serve the still piping hot preparation right away. Moisten with some cooking liquid, if preferred.