New England Boiled Dinner
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and halved|
|Carrots||2 , scarped and cut into rounds|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced in rounds|
|Corned beef||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Sauerkraut||3 Cup (48 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and stuck with 4 whole cloves|
|Fresh parsley/1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For Covering)|
1) In the bottom of a slow cooker, put the sausage. Layer vegetables on top, except for the sauerkraut.
2) Next, add the corned beef and cover with sauerkraut.
3) Combine together the water and spices and pour the mixture into the crockery cooker. The water should reach a level right below the kraut.
4) With caraway seeds, sprinkle the kraut, if preferred.
5) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
6) When it is time to serve, gently lift the ingredients from the cooker and arrange them on a serving plate.
7) Serve the still piping hot preparation right away. Moisten with some cooking liquid, if preferred.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2320 Calories from Fat 900
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.1%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g193.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482 mg160.7%
Sodium 4405.8 mg183.6%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.3%
Dietary Fiber 40.8 g163.1%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 153 g306.7%
Vitamin A 427.8% Vitamin C 417.6%
Calcium 46.1% Iron 113.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet