Buttermilk Bran Muffins
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bran cereal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and measure and sift all the dry ingredients in it.
2) Add bran and combine nicely.
3) Mix sugar and shortening together and add to the dry mixture.
4) Take a small bowl and beat egg in it until fluffy and light.
5) Add beaten egg to the dry ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Stir and mix all the ingredients.
6) Take 12 large size muffin tins and grease them. Fill the batter to 2/3 capacity and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.