This was a fun recipe to make - a Christmas pudding made from scratch and then cooked in the microwave in ten minutes. This really works and you have to try it to believe it – I even lit it with a flame at the end. Other recipes you have to let the pudding steam for hours, so this could come in pretty handy if you need a quick fix at the table.
1. Grease a large bowl and set aside.
2. In the greased bowl, combine flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves, shredded suet, brown sugar, raisins, current, and mixed peel.
3. Add brandy, stout, treacle, golden syrup, egg, and bread crumb. Mix until well combined.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film and pierce with fork for steam to escape.
5. Pop in microwave for 10 minutes. Transfer it to a plate.
6. Pour some brandy on top and burn it off.