In this video Phoebe and I attempt to make the classic English cream scone, with a big lump of jam and clotted cream. It's really simple to make and super easy.
Self rising flour
For greasing and dusting
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
1 Tablespoon (For dusting)
1. Grease a baking tray with butter and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degree F (gas mark 7).
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and butter. Mix well.
4. Add sugar and pour milk. Stir until well blended.
5. Sprinkle flour on work surface, transfer dough and knead well.
6. Roll dough into a sheet and cut into scone shapes using cookie cutter. Place on greased baking tray.
7. Pop in oven and bake for 12 minutes or until nice and golden on top.
8. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let cool.