Barry attempts to make sticky toffee pudding slices.
450 Gram, pitted and chopped
Dark brown sugar
Self raising flour
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
For toffee sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 2 1/2/ 150 degrees C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and grease with butter. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, boil water and add in the dates. Shove until dates are cooked and water is reduced.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter.
4. Add in the eggs in 3 batches and mix well.
5. Stir in the self – raising flour and baking powder.
6. Add in the dates, walnuts and sultanas. Mix all the ingredients well.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
8. Take out the cake from the oven and remove the parchment and place back into the baking pan. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
9. For the sauce – in a saucepan, boil water and add in the icing sugar and double cream. Cook until everything is mixed thoroughly.
10. Pour the sauce over the cake and sprinkle walnuts over it, let it cool for some time.