Barry attempts a unique savoury chocolate bread recipe with olives & fennel seeds.
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
75 Gram, chopped (willies Venezuelan Carenero Superior 100 % cacao)
1 Tablespoon (for brushing)
1 Tablespoon (for dusting)
1 Teaspoon (for greasing)
1. Grease a bowl and loaf pan with butter and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4.
3. In a large bowl, sift together plain flour, wholemeal flour and yeast. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, add in the milk, water and cacao. Stir well until cacao is melted.
5. Take off the saucepan from the stove and pour in the olive oil. Mix well and place the saucepan over the stove again. Stir on low heat.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well to make dough.
7. Take out the dough and place on the flour surface. Knead for a few minutes.
8. Flat the dough with hands and place the olives and fold in. Place the dough into the greased bowl and cover with kitchen towel. Set aside for 2 hours on a warm place.
9. Place the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Grease with milk and sprinkle fennel seeds over it.
10. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
11. Slice the bread and serve with tea or coffee.