English Peas With Lettuce
|Frozen english peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||3|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Shredded iceberg lettuce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Follow the instructions on the package to cook the peas. Do not add salt.
2) Drain and set the cooked peas aside.
3) Use cooking spray to coat a large skillet and place it over moderate heat till hot.
4) Add the onion and mushrooms and sate till the vegetables are soft.
5) Add the sherry, reserved peas salt, white pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
6) Cook the mixture for about 1 minutes, till the vegetables are thoroughly heated.
7) Add the shredded lettuce and take the mixture off the heat.
8) Toss the hot mixture and transfer it to a serving plate. Serve right away, while still hot as a side to roasts, steaks or sausages.