Nan'S Bakewell Tarts
|Prepared shortcrust pastry||225 Gram (Or Bought)|
|Ground almonds||25 Gram|
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Ground rice||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond essence||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Icing sugar||4 Tablespoon (For Water Icing)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (For Water Icing)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Roll out the pastry and cut it into rounds. Use these rounds to line 10 -12 patty tins.
3) Mix the sugar, ground almonds, rice and egg yolks together.
4) Beat the egg white till it is stiff and fold it into the mixture.
5) Add the almond essence and mix well.
6) In the bottom of each lined patty tin, put a teaspoon of jam. Top with the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Cool.
8) Mix together the water and icing sugar and brush all over the tarts.
9) Serve the tarts warm, at room temperature or chilled. These make a very good dessert, especially when topped with some whipped cream before serving.