Hot New England Clam Chowder
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Bon appetit||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned minced clams||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Chop the bacon into ½-inch pieces and fry them over low heat till the meat is crisp.
2) Add the onion, potatoes, Bon Appetit, salt, pepper and water.
3) Bring the contents to a boil, reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
4) Add the milk and stir well. Heat the mixture but do not let it boil.
5) Add the clams as well as the liquid.
6) Mix together the flour and an equal amount of water to make a thin and smooth paste.
7) Stir the mixture into the chowder and continue to cook over low heat till the preparation is thick. Do not let it boil at any point.
8) Serve the soup piping hot. Makes a good appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1655 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.2 mg80.7%
Sodium 2684.3 mg111.8%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50%
Sugars 54 g
Protein 102 g204.4%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 237%
Calcium 133.6% Iron 369.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet