Savory Yorkshire Pudding
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1) Form a well in the middle of the flour.
2) Sprinkle the salt around the edge.
3) Combine the milk and water.
4) Pour the eggs and a little of the milky water in the centre of the flour well.
5) Stir and continue mixing as youslowly add the remaining milky water.
6) Adjust the oven up to Gas Mark 8/450°F/230°C after the meat has come out.
7) Scrape 1 teaspoon (5 ml spoon) of the fat from the meat, or use good dripping, and pour into (ideally) two small heavy dishes, or one larger one, arranged on a baking tray.
8) Heat them to smoking hot in the oven.
9) Add in the pudding mixture and cook for 20 minutes, or for 30 minutes if a single dish is being used.
10) No fiddling and peeping for the first 15 minutes!
11)The yorkshire pudding is ready to be served cut to desired portions.