Old English Custard Cheesecakes
|Frozen puff pastry/1/2 pound puff paste for busy cooks||1⁄2 Pound (Commercial)|
|Fine sweet cookie crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Softened unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Strained lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Roll out the paste thinly and rest it.
2. Use it to line 2 1/2-inch small tart pans.
3. Prick the bottoms of the pastry cases. Chill.
4. Combine in a bowl the cookie crumbs, ground almonds, confectioners' sugar and lemon rind. Stir to mix.
5. Work in the butter in small pieces.
6. Add the lemon juice to the egg yolk and whole egg in a second bowl.
7. Beat until liquid.
8. Use to bind the dry mixture.
9. Half-fill the chilled pastry cases with 'cheesecake' mixture. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Cool on a rack (out of any draft). Serve cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2662 Calories from Fat 1793
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 199 g306.5%
Saturated Fat 87.7 g438.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.6 mg132.2%
Sodium 642.6 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet