|Strong plain flour||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Fresh yeast/2 level teaspoons dried yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Milk and water||1⁄2 Pint (3 Dl, Warm)|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Ounce|
1) In a mixing basin sieve flour and salt together. Make a well at the centre.
2) In a bowl add warm milk and water and dissolve yeast in it.
3) To dissolve dried yeast dissolve a teaspoon of sugar in lukewarm milk and water and sprinkle yeast over it.
4) Let stand for 10 minutes in a warm place until mixture is frothy.
5) Put yeast mixture at the centre of the flour.
6) Stir in lightly mixed egg and melted butter and mix.
7) Put in a clean working surface and knead into a smooth dough for about 10 minutes.
8) Put the dough back into the basin.
9) Keep in a large polythene bag and set aside in a warm place for about 1/2-1 hour.
10) Take out the risen dough and knead lightly.
11) Roll out to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. With a floured cutter, cut into 2 1/2-3-inch (6-7 1/2 cm) rounds.
12) Sprinkle flour over baking trays and dust the muffins with flour.
13) Keep in warm place to rise for another 30 minutes till muffins look puffy.
14) Put in batches in a large, greased, frying pan, and cook over low heat for about 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
15) Serve hot with butter or serve after one or two days, halved and toasted.
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.2 mg15.4%
Sodium 227.5 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet