|Shortcrust pastry||1⁄4 Pound (100 Gram)|
|Lemon curd/Raspberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Almond essence||2 Drop|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, grounded (50 Gram)|
1) On a lightly-floured board, roll out the prepared pastry to a circle slightly larger than a 7-inch (18-cm)
2) Line a tart tin or flan ring set on a baking tray with the pastry, prick the base with a fork and spread with a little lemon curd or raspberry jam.
3) Set the tin in a cool place and meanwhile prepare the topping.
4) Cream together the butter and sugar until light.
5) Beat up the egg and almond essence, add slowly to the creamed mixture, beating in each addition thoroughly.
6) Sieve the flour and baking powder and add the ground almonds.
7) Add half of this to the creamed mixture and blend lightly.
8) Add the remaining almond mixture, and a little milk, if needed, to get a soft consistency.
9) Spread the almond mixture to fill the pastry case.
10) Decorate with pastry leaves cut from the trimmings.
11) Place above centre in a moderate oven (350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4) and bake for about 30 minutes or until risen and firm.
12) Serve the tart warm or cold with cream.