|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Flour||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat ungreased electric fry pan to 375 °F.
2) Mix the water, sugar and yeast; stir until well dissolved.
3) Combine the salt and 2 cups of flour; beat for at least 2 minutes.
4) Put eggs and shortening and beat well for a minute.
5) Work in the remaining flour and let it rest in bowl for about 20 minutes.
6) Roll the dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut with a 3-4 inch cutter.
7) Sprinkle a baking sheet with corn meal and arrange the muffins on it.
8) Sprinkle a little cornmeal over top of the muffins.
9) Cover with a cloth and let rise for about 40-45 minutes.
10) Sprinkle with cornmeal and cook in the preheated pan for about 7-8 minutes on each side - be careful not to burn.
11) Serve hot and crispy.
The muffins will emit a hollow sound when well done.