Zesty New England Clam Chowder
|Bacon slices||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Minced clams||15 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), unsifted|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Take a 3-quart casserole and cook bacon in it for 3 minutes on High.
2) Mix in onion and potatoes and then cook, covered for 5 minutes on High.
3) Pour in clam juice and water and again cook, covered for 8 to 10 minutes on High until potatoes are tender.
4) In a 2-cup liquid measure, heat butter till it melts and mix in flour.
5) Blend this with potato mixture and stir in clams and rest of the ingredients.
6) Cook the mixture, covered for 4 to 5 minutes on High until hot.
7) Serve hot.