New England Chowder
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned minced clams||213 Milliliter, drained (Liquid Reserved)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, partially cooked, peeled and diced|
1. In a bowl, add enough milk to the reserved clam liquid to equal 625 ml or2 1/2 cups. Keep aside.
2. In 3–litre microwaveable casserole, arrange the bacon.
3. Cover the casserole with a paper towel and place in the microwave.
4. In the microwave, cook for 4-5 minutes at High.
5. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and crumble it. Keep aside.
6. In the casserole with the bacon drippings, add onion.
7. In the microwave, cook the onions for 2 minutes at High.
8. Add the flour and stir it in.
9. Now add the clam juice, milk mixture, along with potatoes, salt, thyme and pepper.
10. Cover the casserole with a lid and place it back in the microwave.
11. Cook for 5 minutes at High and another 5 minutes at Medium-Low, stirring once.
12. Add the clams and stir them in.
13. Cover the casserole with a lid and place it back in the microwave.
14. Cook for 5 minutes Medium-Low.
15. Let the casserole stand covered for 3 minutes.
16. Serve topped with crumbled bacon.