Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole eggs||5 , lightly beaten|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisin bread slices||16 , cut into cubes|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Raisin bread slices||16 , cut into cubes to make 4 cup|
1. Grease a large (3 or 4 –quart) round, microwave proof baking dish.
2. Invert a small (3-inch) round glass in the center or the dish. Alternatively you can use a microwavable Bundt pan.
3. In a small (1 quart) microwave proof bowl, combine the butter and milk.
4. Heat in the microwave on HIGH power for about 5 minutes until hot but not boiling.
5. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, ½ cup sugar and vanilla and beat lightly only until well blended
6. Gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly. Let cool
7. Arrange the bread cubes in the greased dish.
8. Sprinkle remaining sugar and cinnamon over the bread.
9. Strain the custard mixture, over bread and let stand for 2 minutes.
10. Microwave on HIGH power for about 18 to 19 minutes, until custard has set.
11. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before cooling or serving.
12. Unmold onto a serving platter.
13. Serve the pudding warm or cold.
You can use sweet bread and add raisins instead of using raisin bread.