Chocolate Toffee Bars
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Crushed chocolate graham crackers||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Teddy Bear Shaped)|
|Toffee bits||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|English toffee candy bars||8 1⁄2 Ounce, crushed (6 Bars, 1.4 Ounce)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels package||6 Ounce (1 Package Or 1 Cup)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Line a 13-inch X 9-inch square baking tin with aluminum foil, keeping extra to extend over short sides of pan and tucking overlapping ends under rim. Lightly grease foil with cooking oil or butter and set pan aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter and cookie crumbs.
4. Turn into the prepared pan and press firmly to line the bottom of the pan.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from over and layer toffee bits over the crust, followed by layer each of candy bars, chocolate morsels and nuts.
7. Pour the condensed milk over the layers
8. Return pan to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
10. Cover tin with overlapping foil and refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled.
11. Carefully invert brownies from pan and peel off foil.
12. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
13. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.
Calories 1180 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.3%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.3 mg30.8%
Sodium 540.7 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 100.5 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet