Old English Hot Wassail
|Ale||72 Ounce (6 Bottles, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thin lemon peel strips||1 (From 1 Fruit)|
|Dry sherry||25 1⁄3 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Lemon slices/Small baked apples||3|
1. In a large kettle, tip in 2 bottles ale and stir in sugar, lemon peel, and spices.
2. Place the kettle over a very low flame and heat the beer without boiling or simmering, for at least 30 minutes.
3. Take kettle off the heat and allow the beer mixture to stand over night.
4. Stir in the sherry and remaining ale into the spice infused beer mixture.
5. Heat the beverage below simmering point.
6. Serve the hot Wassail in a large punch bowl.
7. Float small baked apples or lemon slices in punch.
8. Ladle into small punch cups.