Old English Cheesecake
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold beer||4 Tablespoon|
|Golden raisins||2 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, finely chopped to make 1/3 cup|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 425°F
2) To prepare crust mix flour and sugar.
3) Cut butter and rub with flour mixture till crumbly.
4) Stir in 1 tablespoon beer at a time, stirring with a fork.
5) Shape the dough into a ball.
6) Chill the dough.
7) Roll the dough on floured surface to a 13- to 14-inch circle.
8) Add the mixture in quarters.
9) In a 9-inch spring form pan unfold the mixture.
10) Even out the edge of the crust to extend it about 2 inches up sides of pan. In case of using a 10-inch pan extend 1 1/2 inches up sides of pan.
11) Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
12) Prick with a fork and press to the sides.
13) Bake for further 10 minutes till light golden.
14) To prepare filling, mix chopped raisins, almonds, and peel.
15) Using a food processor or electric blender process cottage cheese, flour and eggs till smooth. Blend the mixture in several batches.
16) Mix sugar, beer, and nutmeg and blend until smooth.
17) Add raisin to mix.
18) Pour the mixture into cooled shell.
19) Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours till set.
20) Cool at room temperature before serving.
21) Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top of the cake and decorate with unblanched almonds.