Seasoned New England Clam Chowder
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Onions||2 Small, minced|
|Shucked clams||1 Quart|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Salt||To Taste (If Needed)|
|Canned evaporated milk||29 Ounce (2 Cans 14 1/2-Ounce Each)|
|Crackers||8 , split|
|Cold milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Fry salt pork in deep kettle until golden brown.
2. Add onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove stomach from clams, chop hard parts and leave soft parts whole or chop them, as preferred.
4. Arrange potatoes and hard parts of clams in layers over onions, cover with cold water, heat to boiling and simmer until potatoes are soft.
5. Add soft part of clams, seasonings and evaporated milk.
6. Heat to boiling and add crackers softened in cold milk.
7. Heat thoroughly.