English Tea Cakes
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole pecans/Whole raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F before baking.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients and nutmeg, saving some powdered sugar.
3) With a pastry blender, chop in shortening until mixture looks crumbled.
4) Whip egg and egg yolk and add in vanilla and milk.
5) Beat the egg mixture to the dry ingredient mixture until the batter becomes smooth and free from lumps.
6) Grease a cookie sheet and place the batter teaspoonsful on it, keeping 1 inch apart to allow space for spreading.
7) Sprinkle the saved powdered sugar and top with nuts or raisins.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
9) Serve hot or cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3070 Calories from Fat 1442
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 166 g254.7%
Saturated Fat 35.8 g179%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 407.9 mg136%
Sodium 966.9 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g118%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.5%
Sugars 126.8 g
Protein 47 g95%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 82% Iron 94.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet