English Tea Cakes
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole pecans/Whole raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F before baking.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients and nutmeg, saving some powdered sugar.
3) With a pastry blender, chop in shortening until mixture looks crumbled.
4) Whip egg and egg yolk and add in vanilla and milk.
5) Beat the egg mixture to the dry ingredient mixture until the batter becomes smooth and free from lumps.
6) Grease a cookie sheet and place the batter teaspoonsful on it, keeping 1 inch apart to allow space for spreading.
7) Sprinkle the saved powdered sugar and top with nuts or raisins.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
9) Serve hot or cold.