Wholemeal Malt Loaf
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|100% wholemeal flour||1 Pound (455 Gram)|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Malt extract||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Pint (285 Milliliter)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix together the salt and flour and then rub in the margarine till a crumbly texture is achieved.
3) In a different bowl, mix together the molasses, warm water and malt extract. Stir till the ingredients have dissolved properly.
4) Mix all the ingredients together, except for the baking powder. Stir wll and leave in a wamr place for about 60 minutes.
5) Sprinkle the baking powder in the dough and stir thoroughly once again.
6) Put the dough in a greased bread tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 90 minutes.
7) Serve and use as required.