|Plain flour||12 Ounce (Plus Extra For Dusting, 350 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (Plus Extra For Greasing, 200 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Whole egg||1 , beaten|
|Egg yolks||2 (If You Want A Super-Rich Pastry, Use Duck Eggs)|
|Ground almonds||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 Medium, beaten|
|Almond essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raspberry jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Flaked almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Clotted cream/Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. For making pastry – Using a food processor, blend the flour, butter, sugar, almonds and 1/2 teaspoon salt into crumbs.
2. Add the beaten egg and the yolks to make smooth dough.
3. Wrap dough in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime combine the ground almonds with the sugar folding in the beaten eggs and almond essence. Set it aside.
5. Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
6. Grease a loose-bottomed 9-inch tart tin with butter and dust it with flour.
7. On a cold surface, roll out the chilled pastry into a 10-inch circle
8. Carefully lift the pastry and line the tin. Trim the excess and use it to make a few biscuits if you like.
9. Using a fork prick the pastry shell and cover the pastry lightly with some baking parchment.
10. Fill the shell with dried beans and bake blind for 15 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and remove beans and paper from shell.
12. Return to the oven for a few minutes to dry out. Leave to cool.
13. Lower oven temperature to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
14. When the pastry is cool, apply a generous layer of raspberry jam onto the base.
15. Fill the shell with the almond filling and top with flakes almonds
16. Bake tart for about 30 minutes or until the filling is baked through and almonds turn golden.
17. Remove and rest for 5 minutes
18. Cut into wedges
19. Served with clotted cream or vanilla ice cream.