English Summer Salad
|Peas||9 Ounce (Freshly Podded If Possible, 250 Gram)|
|Broad beans||9 Ounce (Freshly Podded If Possible, 250 Gram)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||6 , trimmed and thinly sliced (Usually A Bunch)|
|Lettuce leaves||5 (Assortment Of Leaves, Such As Wild Rocket. Baby Gem, Water Or Land Cress)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Chervil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Flat-Leaf)|
1. Into a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water plung the peas and beans.
2. Blanch for no more than 1-2 minutes.
3. Drain in a colander and let cool naturally without refreshing.
4. Dress the beans in a little of the Olive oil while still warm.
5. Scatter over the spring onions and season well. Toss to mix
6. In a salad bowl add the lettuce leaves and drizzle the remaining oil, the lemon juice and zest and seasonings.
6. Add the peas, broad beans and spring onions and toss well.
7. Scatter the herbs over the salad and serve in a bowl or heap onto a platter if you like.
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 20.4 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 30.5% Vitamin C 60.8%
Calcium 7% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet