|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Beaten eggs||2 , beaten|
|Currants||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Rose water/Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F, 180° C.
3. Into a bowl, sift the flour and mix in the currants and almonds.
4. In a large basin, combine the butter and sugar.
5. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, beat the mixture till light and fluffy.
6. Saving 1 tablespoon of egg for glazing the cookies beat in the remaining egg, the rose water and lemon juice to the creamed mixture.
7. Using a plastic spatula, fold in the flour mixture.
8. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart from each other on the baking sheet.
9. Using a pastry brush, glaze the cookies with the reserved beaten egg.
10. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
11. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool and harden
12. Serve the cookies with tea.
13. Store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container lined with grease proof paper.
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.7 mg55.6%
Sodium 38.3 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet