New England Chowder
|Butter/3 slices salt pork||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Clams||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Quart|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Cut the salt pork into small square pieces.
2) Peel and dice the potato.
3) Take a pan and melt butter in it, adding the pork and browning it evenly.
4) Use the fat to fry onions.
5) Simmer the clams for 5 minutes in it and take them out of the pan.
6) Clam juice, diced potato and boiling water should now be added to the fat along with salt and pepper.
7) Cover the pan and simmer it for half an hour.
8) Add the milk and cream and simmer it without boiling.
9) Heat for an additional 5 minutes over very low heat after adding the clams.
10) Serve after sprinkling it with paprika.