New England Chowder
|Butter/3 slices salt pork||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Clams||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Quart|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Cut the salt pork into small square pieces.
2) Peel and dice the potato.
3) Take a pan and melt butter in it, adding the pork and browning it evenly.
4) Use the fat to fry onions.
5) Simmer the clams for 5 minutes in it and take them out of the pan.
6) Clam juice, diced potato and boiling water should now be added to the fat along with salt and pepper.
7) Cover the pan and simmer it for half an hour.
8) Add the milk and cream and simmer it without boiling.
9) Heat for an additional 5 minutes over very low heat after adding the clams.
10) Serve after sprinkling it with paprika.
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.3 mg27.4%
Sodium 2025.9 mg84.4%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 47.5% Iron 74.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet