|Vanilla essence/Lime rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Butter the pudding mould and decorate bottom and sides with nuts and sultanas.
2. Butter slices of bread, cut off the crust and cut the bread into cubes.
3. Arrange a layer of bread into the prepared mould and sprinkle with sultanas and sugar.
4. Continue in layers till mould is half full.
5. Beat eggs in a bowl. Boil milk and pour over beaten eggs stirring well. Add flavouring and a little sugar.
6. Pour over bread and let it stand for 1/2 hour to soak bread thoroughly.
7. Cover mould with butter paper and steam for one hour.
8. Turn out and serve hot with jam or custard sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1936 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.2%
Saturated Fat 28.4 g141.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 517 mg172.3%
Sodium 1585.8 mg66.1%
Total Carbohydrates 298 g99.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 168 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 61.1% Iron 64.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet