|Vanilla essence/Lime rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Butter the pudding mould and decorate bottom and sides with nuts and sultanas.
2. Butter slices of bread, cut off the crust and cut the bread into cubes.
3. Arrange a layer of bread into the prepared mould and sprinkle with sultanas and sugar.
4. Continue in layers till mould is half full.
5. Beat eggs in a bowl. Boil milk and pour over beaten eggs stirring well. Add flavouring and a little sugar.
6. Pour over bread and let it stand for 1/2 hour to soak bread thoroughly.
7. Cover mould with butter paper and steam for one hour.
8. Turn out and serve hot with jam or custard sauce.