|Puff pastry||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Raspberry jam/Apricot jam||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 (Plus 2 Egg Yolks)|
|Superfine caster sugar||4 Ounce (115 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted (115 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 2/3 Cup)|
|Almond essence||2 Drop (Extract, Few Drops Required)|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (Confectioners', For Dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line an 18cm/7in pie plate. Trim the edge.
2. Re-roll the pastry trimmings and cut out wide strips of pastry. Use these to decorate the edge of the pastry case by gently twisting them around the rim, joining the strips together as necessary. Prick the pastry case all over, then spread the jam over the base.
3. Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until the mixture is thick and pale.
4. Gently stir the melted butter, ground almonds and almond essence into the whisked egg mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes, or until the filling is just set and is lightly browned. Dust with icing sugar before serving hot, warm or cold.