This recipe is super sweet, tender, juicy and affordable. This chowder is absolutely out of this world and delicious! This recipe from mexican cuisine can be served as side dish.
6 , kernels extracted, 3 cobs retained
2 , minced
4 , finely chopped
1 , chopped
1 Large, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
3 , peeled, diced
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1. In a pan, heat butter, add onion, garlic thyme, cook for about 8 minutes until the onions turn translucent, stir constantly.
2. Add celery and carrot, saute for another 4 to 5 minutes until the vegetables turn soft.
3. Add flour, saute for another couple of minutes. Whisk in the vegetable broth. Add in the retained corn cobs, bay leaves, allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.Discard the cobs and the bay leaves.
4. Add potatoes, bring back to a rolling boil. Cook for about 6 minutes, boiling hard, until potatoes start to soften. Add cream and corn kernels, bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with bacon and parsley, serve.
To make the preparation low fat, replace broth and cream with 6 cups of low fat milk.
Add bell pepper, if desired.
You got some fresh tender juicy corn at a very low price, there is a lot that can be done with that making some chowder out of it. In this video, the chef too has similar story to tell and she is making nice corn chowder. Want to know entire recipe, all you have to do is watch the video.