This is my husbands grandmothers recipe for English Toffee Candy. Grandma LaVonne would make this every Christmas for all the family to enjoy! Grandma has since left us, but her recipes will live on! You can also try these to brighten up your holiday mood.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
3 , broken into sections
1) Use a 9×13 pan to grease with end of butter stick.
2) Sprinkle nuts on pan.
3) Use a medium pot to melt butter and sugar, constantly stirring over medium to medium high heat until mixture becomes smooth and of caramel color. While cooking, it will go through a couple of stages first it will be smooth and fluffy, then separate, then will become smooth again with a caramel color. Once it gets to it’s final stage check with a candy thermometer and the temperature should be 300 degrees.
4) When the mixture has reached 300 degrees pour the toffee mixture over the nuts in the greased pan.
5) Immediately lay broken Hershey bars over the toffee.
6) Frost the top evenl, when the chocolate begins to melt.
7) Place inside refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until candy is cold and hard.
8) Use a knife, to break into pieces. Store in air-tight container inside the refrigerator until it is time to eat! Enjoy!
This video is a creation of TheSaucymouth. You can visit TheSaucymouth for complete recipes, and more videos.
For everyone with a sweet tooth. Watch this video now. The chef shares her secret recipe to prepare these Christmas Special English Toffee Candies. Treat the kids of the family to this lovely candy, you are sure to become their favorite.
Christmas Special English Toffee Candy Recipe Video