1. Combine rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of herb mixture on steaks; reserve remaining mixture.
2. Grill or saute steaks until cooked to desired doneness.
3. For sauteed steaks,slice shallots and cook in the pan drippings until golden brown and soft. Stir in demi-glace, bring to a simmer and adjust seasoning. For grilled steaks, cut shallots in thicker slices and grill. Place demi-glace in a saucepan, bring to a simmer and stir in grilled shallots.
4. To make frites, deep-fry potato strips in 360°F oil until golden brown. Toss with the reserved herb mixture.
5. Place salad greens in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
6. Top each steak with sauce and seasoned frites.