Woman's Weekly's Cookery Editor Sue McMahon shows you how to make this delicious steak dinner treat. Follow along with her in our simple step-by-step video
Light olive oil
300 Gram (2 pieces)
To Taste, freshly grounded
250 Gram, sliced
170 Milliliter (carton)
Mature stilton cheese
100 Gram, crumbled
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil. Season the steak with salt and pepper and add it to the hot oil.
2. Cook the steak for 2-4 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and keep it warm.
3. To the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they have softened and started to turn golden.
4. Pour in the Marsala, and leave the mixture to bubble until the Marsala has reduced to about 1 tbsp.
5. Pour the double cream into the pan. Bring the cream to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until it has thickened.
6. Add the crumbled Stilton to the pan and stir until it starts to melt. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Transfer the steak to serving plates and spoon the sauce over.
8. Serve the Steak Mushroom Sauce with some mashed potatoes and green salads.
Few things excite a beef lover's taste buds more than a perfectly cooked steak, that too with a finger licking sauce! Watch chef Billy Parisi as he shares a simple yet delicious recipe that brings together beef, stilton and mushrooms and turns them into one of the yummiest dishes!