Steak With Stilton & Mushroom Sauce
|Light olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fillet steak||300 Gram (2 pieces)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly grounded|
|Chestnut mushrooms||250 Gram, sliced|
|Double cream||170 Milliliter (carton)|
|Mature stilton cheese||100 Gram, crumbled|
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil. Season the steak with salt and pepper and add it to the hot oil.
2. Cook the steak for 2-4 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and keep it warm.
3. To the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they have softened and started to turn golden.
4. Pour in the Marsala, and leave the mixture to bubble until the Marsala has reduced to about 1 tbsp.
5. Pour the double cream into the pan. Bring the cream to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until it has thickened.
6. Add the crumbled Stilton to the pan and stir until it starts to melt. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Transfer the steak to serving plates and spoon the sauce over.
8. Serve the Steak Mushroom Sauce with some mashed potatoes and green salads.
Calories 994 Calories from Fat 798
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.3%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 109 mg36.3%
Sodium 540.9 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 37 g73.9%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet