Apple crumble is so cheap and easy to make - and it's the perfect pudding when the weather's turning colder. Why not get your kids to help make Phil Vickery's apple crumble for Sunday lunch!
1 Large (Zest and juice)
Unrefined caster sugar
115 Gram, cold
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Peel and core the apples and cut into large chunks.
2. In a saucepan heat the oil, add the lemon zest and juice, unrefined caster sugar, cinnamon and then the apples. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
3. Tip the apples into a large square baking dish.
4. Place the flour into a bowl and add cold butter and blitz until fine breadcrumbs.
5. Stir in the caster sugar carefully. Spoon over the top of the stewed apples and sprinkle over the porridge oats.
6. Bake in the oven at 200°C for 30-40 minutes or until well-browned.
7. Serve the Apple Crumble with custard or ice cream.
How long do you think it takes to make apple crumble? An hour, maybe more? Watch as Phil Vickery makes the delicious treat in a matter of a few seconds. That's right! This is a time saving and yummy twist to the traditional apple crumble. Come and enjoy!