These delicious homemade mince pies are so quick and simple, you will wonder what you were worrying about!
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 , beaten
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1 Tablespoon (for dusting)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Dust some icing sugar over the work surface. Roll out the pastry onto the work surface.
3. Spread out the mincemeat on top of the pastry. Scatter the chopped walnuts.
4. Roll up each side of the pastry so they meet in the middle. Slice horizontally into little parcels.
5. Brush with a little bit of beaten egg. Sprinkle over the demerera sugar and ground cinnamon.
6. Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Think making mince pies from scratch is a difficult and cumbersome task? Then watch this video and change your opinion forever! The recipe detailed in this video is simple and yields delicious mince pies that will disappear within a matter of minutes.