Chef Madalene Bonvini-Hamel talks us through this delicious recipe - wait until you hear what her secret ingredient is!
For lemon cake
120 Gram (room temperature)
1 Teaspoon (of two lemons)
For lemon and gin drizzle
100 Gram, sifted
1⁄2 , juiced
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 12 mini loaf holes with butter.
2. Let the butter soften at room temperature.
FOR THE CAKE
3. In the bowl of a mixer, place the soft butter and sugar and whisk until soft and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and add the milk, lightly loosen with a fork.
5. Add the eggs a bit at a time to the creamed butter mixture and mix well after each addition.
6. Sift the baking powder and flour into over the creamed butter mixture, add the lemon zest and lightly fold the flour in.
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared moulds and bake the mini loafs at 180°C for 18 - 20 minutes.
8. Once cooked let the loaf rest for 5 minutes in the mould before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely before glazing with the drizzle.
FOR LEMON AND GIN DRIZZLE
9. In to a small mixing bowl, sift the icing sugar and add the lemon juice, gin and stir.
10. Spoon the drizzle over the mini loafs, leave to set at room temperature.
11. Serve this Lemon Drizzle Cakes as it is.
A well made, rich and moist lemon drizzle cake is something that no cake lover can resist. Making this cake is generally considered a difficult task but with this video, you will discover that there is a simple recipe to bake this yummy godness. This recipe is so amazing that you would want to bake the cake again and again!